To insert a math formula in to a lesson plan in the Curriculum Engine, you need to generate the formula in an equation editor (e.g., MathType©). After you have created an equation, you can copy its TeX representation in to the Curriculum Engine and the formula will render.
- Open the MathType© program.
- Click on Preferences, then Cut and Copy Preferences, and then select LaTex under MathML or Tex. Ensure that "Include MathType data in translation" is not checked.
- Create your formula.
- Highlight and copy (Ctrl+C) the formula.
- In the Curriculum Engine, open the desired calendar item, place the cursor where you would like to insert the formula, and press the Insert Formula icon .
- Paste the formula's code in to the TeX Code textbox.
- Click Ok
An online alternative to MathType for generating TeX/LaTex is the WebEquation editor by VisionObjects.